The Scream Factory release of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is coming out next Tuesday. Take this as a friendly reminder. Who has this pre-ordered and who is buying this bad boy? Below is straight from the Shout Factory website. I am personally excited, one of the first 5 horror films I have ever watched. You can order it here from Amazon.
THE BUZZZ IS BACK!
In 1974, horror fans rejoiced upon the release of Tobe Hooper’s masterpiece, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. The movie raised the stakes of in-your-face filmmaking and changed the face of horror. Twelve years later, Hooper and the Sawyer clan are back with this deviously entertaining sequel, starring Dennis Hopper in one of the most deliciously crazed performances of his career.
For a decade, Texas Ranger Lefty Enright (Hopper) has sought to avenge the brutal murder of his kin by the cannibalistic Sawyer family – Leatherface, Chop-Top, The Cook and Grandpa. With the help of a radio DJ (Caroline Williams), who’s also bent on putting an end to the terror, Lefty finds his way to the Sawyers’ underground slaughter shop, where a battle of epic proportions will soon rage… and the line between good and evil gets chopped to bits!
- NEW 2016 2K HD Scan From The Interpositive Film Element
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Richard Kooris, Production Designer Cary White, Script Supervisor Laura Kooris And Property Master Michael Sullivan
- Audio Commentary With Director Tobe Hooper
- Audio Commentary With Actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams And Special Effects Makeup Creator Tom Savini
- NEW Extended Outtakes From It Runs In The Family Featuring L.M. Kit Carson And Lou Perryman
- NEW Behind-The-Scenes Footage Compilation From Tom Savini’s Archives
- Alternate Opening Credit Sequence
- Deleted Scenes
- Still Galleries – Posters And Lobby Cards, Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Stills And Collector’s Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
MGM’s Original HD Master With Color Correction Supervision By Director Of Photography Richard Kooris
NEW House Of Pain – An Interview With Makeup Effects Artists Bart Mixon, Gabe Bartalos, Gino Crognale And John Vulich
NEW Yuppie Meat – An Interview With Actors Chris Douridas And Barry Kinyon
NEW Cutting Moments – An Interview With Editor Alain Jakubowicz
NEW Behind The Mask – An Interview With Stunt Man And Leatherface Performer Bob Elmore
NEW Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Locations Of The Film – Hosted By Sean Clark Plus A Special Guest
It Runs In The Family – A Six Part Feature-Length Documentary Featuring Interviews With Screenwriter L.M. Kit Carson, Actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Bill Johnson, Lou Perryman, Special Makeup Effects Artist Tom Savini And More…