It seems like many of these distributors are really stepping up their game of late. It really makes it an awesome time to be a horror fan and even more so, a horror collector.
Many fans who love Silence of the Lambs and the entire series will want to pick up a copy of Hannibal on April 30th
From the Kino Lorber Facebook:
Coming April 30th on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!
Hannibal (2001) with optional English subtitles
• Brand New 4K Restoration – HDR and SDR Color Graded by Cinematographer John Mathieson
• Audio Commentary by director Ridley Scott
• Breaking the Silence: Making-of Hannibal Doc – including rare footage and interviews (75 Minutes)
• Anatomy of a Shoot-Out: A Five-Angle Breakdown of the “Fish Market” Action Scene (48 Minutes)
• Ridleygrams: A Featurette on the Art of Storyboarding (8 Minutes)
• An Exploration of the Film’s Opening Title Design (8 Minutes)
• Over 33 Minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
• Alternate Ending with Optional Director Commentary (6 Minutes)
• 19 TV Spots
• Theatrical Teaser
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo
• Limited O-card Slipcase
(2001) Color 131 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
The silence has been broken… Dark, absorbing and entertaining, this follow-up to The Silence of the Lambs is an audacious success. Screen legend Anthony Hopkins (Nixon) is perverse perfection in his return to the role of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, the sophisticated killer who comes out of hiding to draw FBI Special Agent Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore, Far from Heaven) into a high-stakes battle that will test her strength, cunning… and loyalty. Meanwhile, the good doctor’s only surviving victim plots a particularly nasty revenge. Drenched in baroque terror and hair-raising visuals, Hannibal is as compelling as it is shocking. Legendary filmmaker Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, The Martian) served up this smash-hit thriller from a screenplay by David Mamet (Glengarry Glen Ross) and Steven Zaillian (Schindler’s List), based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Harris (Red Dragon). Ray Liotta (Unforgettable), Giancarlo Giannini (Seven Beauties) and Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour) round out the delectable cast.
Also available on DVD
Seven years have passed since Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) escaped from custody. The doctor is now at large in Europe. Mason Verger (Gary Oldman) remembers Lecter too, and is obsessed with revenge. Verger was Dr. Lecter’s sixth victim, and though horribly disfigured, has survived. Verger realizes that to draw the doctor into the open, he must use someone as bait: Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore).