I love that it’s 2019 and we are STILL getting new updates and versions of Italian horror legend Lucio Fulci’s iconic masterpieces. Fresh off their mind-blowing collector’s edition release of Fulci’s Zombie, Blue Underground is giving the giallo classic The New York Ripper the same treatment. We will be getting what will no doubt be a visually stunning 4K remaster, along with a slew of excellent special features. Included in the set are:
- Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
- The Art Of Killing – Interview with Co-Writer Dardano Sacchetti
- Three Fingers Of Violence – Interview with Star Howard Ross
- The Second Victim – Interview with Co-Star Cinzia de Ponti
- The Broken Bottle Murder – Interview with Co-Star Zora Kerova
- “I’m an Actress!” – 2009 Interview with Co-Star Zora Kerova
- The Beauty Killer – Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
- Paint Me Blood Red – Interview with Poster Artist Enzo Sciotti
- NYC Locations Then and Now
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Francesco De Masi
- Collectable Booklet with new essay by Travis Crawford
This incredible set is slated for a June 25th release!
A blade-wielding psychopath is on the loose, turning The Big Apple bright red with the blood of beautiful young women. As NYPD detective Fred Williams (Jack Hedley of For Your Eyes Only) follows the trail of butchery from the decks of the Staten Island Ferry to the sex shows of Times Square, each brutal murder becomes a sadistic taunt. In the city that never sleeps, the hunt is on for the killer that can’t be stopped!